Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dealing with Sea Predators while Cruising aboard S/V Blondie-Dog...



Belying the placid waters of Sunset Cove is a never ending frenzy of fish feeding on one another. It is also not unusual for the serenity of a quiet anchorage to suddenly be disrupted by a fish jumping high out of the water while attempting to elude a hungry predator wanting to make a meal out of him.

Well just the other day I happened to be in the water scraping barnacles off of the hull of my boat when to my great consternation, a bad-ass shark came upon me.

Fortunately for me that shark must have thought that I was of Mexican descent and thought better of making a meal out of me for fear of having his rear-end burning for weeks on end.

(memo to self: eat more jalapenos...)






No comments:

Post a Comment