Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Fixing the Air Conditioning aboard the Boat and Feeling a lot Cooler...



It is now that time of the year when it has become uncomfortably hot here in Miami with temperatures now routinely reaching up into the mid-nineties during the day.

And though it might not be the dry, 110 degree fajita-sizzling kind of hot that one might experience while attending a Texas Rangers ballgame in Arlington, Texas, it is nevertheless hot enough to make one want to camp out all day underneath a steady stream of cold water in a marina shower stall.

But that certainly wouldn't be a reasonable thing to do so I did the next best thing that I could think of and that was to repair an old, soiled wind-scoop that had come with the boat and had seen better days.

A makeshift wooden brace that had broken in half was readily replaced with a length of thin, ply-able yet sturdy 3/8th inch pvc pipe. I then proceeded to stitch up the wind-scoop nylon fabric with thread and needle wherever needed and later then added a few bungee cords here and there and viola! I had air-conditioning aboard the boat!

That wind-scoop made a world of difference in circulating some air down below in the cabin.

Well what the heck... While I'm thinking about it, I might as well add a wet-bar down below and make my cabin into a penthouse of sorts... something that might entice one of the many scantily clad hot-babes that I routinely, (and discretely I might add), see frolicking aboard one of the many powerboats passing on by in the channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment