Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Setting Sail for Marathon, Florida again...

I'll be setting sail first thing tomorrow morning. Marco is my immediate destination some thirty-six miles south. After that I plan on sailing to Marathon and tying off to a mooring in Boot Key Harbor for awhile.

Winds have consistently been out of the east so it should be a nice sail. It was reassuring to hear from a fellow boater here at the marina that last week's forty eight hours of continuous thunderstorms was the exception and not the norm.

Thunderstorms do however pop up each evening with the westerly breeze but they pass on through pretty quickly.

I deflated the dinghy and gave it a good scrubbing with Soft Scrub. I later dried it out, folded it up and stowed it down below in the cabin. I've made it a point to lock up the boat when I'm not aboard... something I didn't do while docked at the City Marina up in Fort Myers. A fellow boater regularly informs me of transients literally cleaning out a boat of all its gear for resale. This fellow earns his living charter fishing and can always be seen with a can of Pabst Blue Ribbon in hand.

My size 38 inch shorts kept having somewhat of a malfunction. They kept wanting to slip off and I seemed to be continuously displaying a pants-on-the-ground fashion statement. I found myself hiking the things up all the time so I finally made a quick trip out to Wal-Mart and purchased two size 36 cargo shorts.

I've inadvertently lost some weight just moving around all day and not eating as much. I simply don't have much of an appetite while aboard because of the hot weather. Lunch is often either an orange or a tart green apple. A multivitamin and a capsule of fish oil is also part of my regular diet. Food is expensive here in Florida. I kinda miss walking into a Fiesta food store and loading up the cart with inexpensive food items.

Not that anyone gives a "mexican-pedo", but dinner yesterday was a huge plate of nachos loaded up with pico de gallo, shredded chicken, guacamole, sour cream and about half a jar of jalapeno peppers. It goes without saying that I used up almost the entire bottle of hot sauce as well.

...And we all well know that the reason why the hungry crocodile chowed down on both the little white and black boys fishing along the banks of the swamp and not the Mexican boy is because he feared having his a** hole burning for the next week and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment