Total Pageviews

Friday, April 1, 2011

Me changing the mast light back in the day and thinking nothing of it...



I know that I'm starting to feel my age because there are just some things that I wouldn't even want to contemplate doing at my advanced age of 55... and one such thing is to climb the mast for the purpose of changing an anchor light.

S/V Blondie-Dog's anchor light works just fine and can light up the night sky but heck no will anybody see me climbing the mast to replace the bulb if it were to go out. Forget that noise.

The photo above is of my leg tightly wrapped around the mast while I was replacing the anchor light aboard S/V BratCat from days gone by. Down below securely on deck was my then wife and her nephew.

S/V BratCat
Key West, Florida
June '88

No comments:

Post a Comment