Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

It's Time to Haul Ass on Out of Here...



I do believe that I may indeed be running out of excuses to not release the dock lines, hoist the mainsail and slip on out of the marina in the next day or so. Early morning prevailing winds usually seem to be out of the south and I'm thinking it would be a piece of cake to shove the boat out of the slip, hoist the mainsail and head on out of here under sail without even bothering to turn the motor on.

But I won't because it's against the Marina rules and because the river does have a two to three knot current and because the early prevailing southerly winds are light and because there is no sense in me trying to prove to anybody that I can. But it doesn't mean that I wouldn't prefer it that way.

The pain in my foot has subsided and I've got my fingers crossed that my Puertorican genes will eradicate any toxic microbes attempting to breach my immune system after impaling my foot on a rusted through-bolt down in the bilge as previously commented upon.

I did purchase some snorkeling gear earlier today... and no, I didn't buy it at Wal-Mart but rather at The Sports Authority. Also purchased were some inexpensive binoculars and rubber beach shoes so that the next time I bust my ass slipping down the steps in the companionway, I won't necessarily impale the bottom of my foot on some treacherous rusted through-bolt.

My plans in the next day or so are to sail the fourteen miles or so down the Caloosahatchee River,or however it's spelled, and anchor offshore Sanibel Island at Point Ybell for the evening and later scrape the barnacles off the hull before setting sail for Marco Island the following morning.

Tomorrow should be a busy day...

...top off gas cans.
...top off water tank and cans.
...purchase and program a Garmin GPS.
...pay up marina fees.
...seek out Amy at the Hideaway and give her a tight embrace and a passionate kiss on the lips.

Okay...never mind the last one. It was just wishful thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment