Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Mishap aboard S/V Blondie-Dog...

I injured myself yesterday afternoon. It started to rain and I got too much in a hurry to close up the hatch and upon stepping down back into the galley, I slipped and busted my ass. Busting my ass was the least of my worries though. Of more concern is the deep bruise and puncture to the bottom of my left foot.

I had pulled up the slats covering up the bilge so that I could soak up some moisture and upon slipping on the steps my foot slid out from under me all the way down into the bilge and impaled itself on one of the rusted through-bolts providing support to the keel.

Needless to say, there was blood everywhere... I pulled out my first-aid kit and wiped the wound clean as best as I could before heading up to the shower facilities so that I could wash all the grime off both myself and the wound. I further nursed the wound with some Neosporine and a band-aid.

I later continued to nurse my wound with a few cold ones at the Hideaway Bar... okay, maybe more than just a few. I drove my car instead of walking the two blocks but I was nevertheless in some serious pain.

I'm still debating whether to get it treated at a medical facility along with getting a tetanus shot, but just the thought of being gouged $400 or so pisses me off. Can you say "National Health-Care Now dammit"? I say make F****g Dick Cheney and Halliburton pay for it with all the profits made off of the No-Bid Contracts bull sh*t wars.

My foot still hurts but I think that I'll be okay.

My late gourmet dinner last night, not that anyone gives a flying flip, was a bowl of delectable Gazpacho soup along with some sausage links from Vienna, Austria. Never mind that my so-called "Gazpacho Soup" was but a can of unheated off-brand Publix tomato soup and the fine sausage links were out of a tin labeled Vienna Sausages.

Memo to self: Go to Wal-Mart and purchase a pair of inexpensive rubber beach shoes to wear on the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment