Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 27, 2011

An Unwelcomed Kink Aboard S/V Blondie-Dog...



Not that anybody gives a rat's ass but the difference between sexy and kinky is that sexy is when you use a feather and kinky is when you use the whole chicken....

And while on topic and speaking of kinky, I gotta believe that I may have indeed found the culprit of why my outboard motor kept persisting in showing total disinterest and why it kept konking out on me at the most inopportune moment while underway and attempting to negotiate narrow channels.

Well you see, I happened to notice an ever so slight sheen of what appeared to be either oil or gasoline glistening on the surface of the water behind my outboard motor this morning. Upon closer inspection, I also happened to notice that the bluish-purplish sheen led all the way to the gas can.

Upon a subsequent dis-assembly of the gas siphoning tube, if that is what it might be called, I noticed that the plastic tube, reaching way down to the bottom of the gas can with a filter at the end of it, was bent.

That tube had a 45 degree kink in it which may explain why the thing was in pain and could not perform as intended. I had to endlessly squeeze the siphoning bulb on the fuel line to ensure that enough gas flowed on through to the carburetor to keep that Nissan Outboard motor running.

It appears that my fuel problem might have had a simple fix. I simply snipped off about 3/4's of an inch off of the tube so that when inserted into the gas can, it would not bend.

I later ran the outboard on idle for a good while and never once did it give any inkling of showing any dis-interest and of wanting to stop functioning as it was intended to.

No comments:

Post a Comment