Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Fishy Odor Down Below...



As much as I enjoyed sailing my AMF21 while residing in Puerto Rico, I'd only venture on down below into the confines of the cabin to retrieve essential gear... essential gear defined as but the hank-on jib, anchor and little else.

And when I come to think of it, there was simply no compelling reason to even want to stay down below for any length of time for that cabin had a pervailing, fishy-odor to it.

An unpleasant odor for sure and I'm not talking about an enticing fishy-odor of good things to come either but rather that of sea-weed drying up along the shoreline of an isolated beach.

Not only did that perpetually dank cabin have an unpleasant fishy-smell to it but it also had very little ventilation circulating within.

I suppose that the drop keel might have had something to do with that perpetual locker room smell but I simply gave up worrying about it after a while and just concerned myself with the shear joy of sailing.










No comments:

Post a Comment