Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ran Out of Gas... Again...



Well it was bound to happen and it did indeed happen. Again I might add...

I ran out of fuel while motoring ashore in my dinghy the other day and had no viable option other than to pull out the oars and start rowing away.

One would think that I'd be a little more diligent in periodically checking the fuel level in my two-stroke outboard motor by now but that simply ain't the case.

Perhaps I'll just have to make me up a little sign and tape it up to my dinghy as a gentle reminder to check the fuel level before leaving the boat.

It will simply state, "Those Who Don't Remember the Past are Condemned to Repeat It"... a sign not unlike the one that the Reverend Jim Jones once had prominently on display at his Guyana Compound.

Yeah, that oughta do it.

(memo to self: no matter what, don't go drinking anybody else's kool-aid)

No comments:

Post a Comment