Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Quick Drive up to St. Pete..

I made a quick trip up to St. Petersburg early this morning to claim my dinghy that I had purchased sight unseen. It was an uneventful trip, the hi-lite being the drive across the Sunshine Bridge on a beautiful sunny morning. I well remember being on the verge of freaking out the first couple times that I drove across that bridge. Now I simply enjoyed the view.

It was somewhat of a relief to finally claim my dinghy since I had already forked over my payment for the thing via a wire transfer some four days ago. I was getting a bit antsy because the seller wasn't being all that responsive in returning either my calls, or emails, or text messages to set up an appointment for me to pick up the thing.

The young man finally delivered the goods but not before I had all these morbid thoughts of breaking his neck in two pieces if he didn't follow through on the delivery. He finally showed up and was in obvious distress after a night of heavy drinking by his own admission to say the least.

Like I said, I was glad to load up the deflated dinghy in the trunk and head on back down the road to Ft. Myers with the goods in tow.

It was too damned hot to want to mess with the thing after unloading it out of the car. There was a floor-board to deal with and what not. I did finally get around to finally inflating the thing late in the afternoon after the brutal sun had finally started to set.

After languishing about all afternoon doing nothing, I had to once again remind myself of Sir Issac Newton's first law of motion... "Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to remain in that state of motion unless an external force is applied to it." In other words for the uninitiated, an object at rest will remain that way unless something moves it and my sh*t ain't getting done unless I get to work and make it happen.

The dinghy was duly inflated and tied off to a starboard cleat and by all appearances seems to be quite content to be snuggling up alongside of S/V Blondie-Dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment